Pages


Monday, December 19, 2011

0

It didn't win nor displayed~

Hey..
Remember I say that I was in an art competition, well yesterday was the last day. It was a two-day course (Friday and Saturday) from morning till night.
I admit that it was frustrating and all of the contestants were so damn good!
My artwork that purely screams rubbish to the eyes of the judges!

I saw them did a painting of seashells,horn bill,Marilyn Monroe ,cats,traditional something-something,people,birds,and more cats and more cats...and a lion.

I sat beside this girl who used makeup on her painting! I'm surprise she didn't won!
(and just in front of me was girl who looks like Suzuki Airi (C-ute and Buono!)..I was happy sitting with her haha~)

A painting of a man with an iguana on his shoulder made in the final and won...coincidence or irony,a man with an iguana on his shoulder showed up during the presentation ceremony actually.

Mine didn't made the cut. I knew it. It SUCKS. Compared my drawing to them, mine seemed like a 6-yr-old drew and colored it. It didn't get display either so that's why I'm mad...at least show some appreciation!

I almost cry watching the others complete their masterpieces!
They were so good and I was so left out,I didn't feel like I deserve to be in the competition and I knew that the judges didn't give a damn of my drawing at all. What to judge on it anyway,my art screams AMATEUR!!!

The fact that the contestants (including myself),get to do our artwork just by the entrance where people come in and get surprise and say " what is this? an art expo?" then started to surround us like we're a bunch of displays in a museum.

Oh,and I'm not forgetting about the noise from the 'carnival' with their musics and screaming and singing...(all happening at the same time during the art competition).

It was a fun experience all together, I mean never been in an art competition (I've only been to a coloring contest),I did once when I was younger,but dropped out because I WAS A COWARD!!(I hate myself...).So this was a whole new experience.

It gave me the feeling of wanting to know more about art and improve my creativity skill to next level, it kinda did actually. Throughout the competition,I reminded myself that I'm doing this for myself and not for the prize (well the prizes were amazing though)...

I felt embarrassed in front of the painters and artists (contestants I mean). I covered my work at the first session (on Friday). But I went through it with what is left of my pride in art. I'm proud actually to be able to compete alongside those super duper talented artists(contestants),they made me raise my game!

I'll show you guys one day! I'm not trying to be like you,but I'm going against you! I'll show you!!!
Once again sorry...

0 comments:

Post a Comment